Teaching in the U.S.A. is a bit harder than overseas, for many reasons. Currently, I feel frustrated and overwhelmed. I have written this to vent- hope you understand.
I feel like a tidal wave has toppled my sailboat, engulfed me, and has rolled me to the bottom of the ocean. I am beset on all sides: the bottom-dwelling schooling student-fish are terrorizing me, the State sword-fish is slicing me to death with paperwork, and the unusual situation of the specific coral reef I am in is poisonous to my happiness and well-being.
Not just that! While being slowly sliced and annoyed to death under the surface of the sea, slowly suffocating under the relentless crashing waves of day-to-day demands, I am supposed to be reading and learning how to sail better from the UAMonster so I can better feed the schooling-fish and fend off the State sword-fish.
I know other sailors can do it, because I see them up above the waters; many of them sailing. But I am not there yet. I have hope, I have passion, and I believe in what I am doing. It will be a great thing to sail one day, but for now I have to concentrate on surviving this next wave.
I will sail one day, and the big, green UAMonster will help me to achieve that goal.
I will sail someday- I am determined in that.
But for now, I must survive this next wave.
Your words paint pictures in my head!
ReplyDelete